Jan 20, 2009
Sketchbook doodling at the coffeeshop, powered by high octane espresso.
Blogging about weather patterns is boring. An ultra-cranky back is annoying. I'm ready to move south of the equator. You probably don't care to read about any of that. So instead, here's a list of happy things:
1) Quinoa. Thought it would taste like cardboard. Pleasant surprise otherwise.
2) "Rebecca" - I read this in high school and pulled it out the other night. I usually don't reread books, which I'm beginning to think is a foolhardy plan of action. My logic has always been that there's stacks more I want to get through, so why spend time with already completed stories. Buuuuuut, this one is so good. Ghostly dead wives. English manors. Intrigue. It really doesn't get any better than this.
3) Discovering that a 10+ year old tube of gold gouache is still useable, thus saving me $. More for coffee.
4) D. Blumchen & Company: Sorry, I'm too lazy to add the umlaut. Fantastic vintage trims and paper goods.
5) The Coctails: Makes me grin. And tap my foot. Sometimes at the same time.
6) One of these days I will get around to writing a list of my favorite Etsy shops/sellers I've bought from/all that good stuff. In the meantime though, I really think you should look at Paper Bones shop. The bookcase print is really tempting me. For reals.
7) Adding peppermint flavoring to generic, no-name cocoa packets is tasty. Just get the right beverage to peppermint ratio or else it is some kind of overwhelming.
8) Bowling is swell, particularly Candlepin bowling.
And I think that's that.
Posted by Abigail